Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Bethanie finds zebras (or The Corpse Bride) inspiring, wears all-black on wedding day


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PHOTO OP: Bethanie finds zebras (or The Corpse Bride) inspiring, wears all-black on wedding day


So the rumors of Bethanie Mattek's marriage to JPS Insurance President Justin Sands are true and you know what? Here are the pics to prove it!


The marriage took place on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at Edgewater Beach Resort in Naples, FL.

In typical style, B's wedding was far from traditional (I mean FAR) and it seems "zebra" was the theme of the day: she worked an all-black Romona Keveza wedding dress and Marciano zebra print stilettos and wore a 5.5 carat custom engagement ring paired with a wedding ring made from 3.5 carats of black + white diamonds resembling zebra stripes.


Flowers arrangements were created from purple orchids, white lilies, and white hydrangeas and the cake, continuing the theme of the day was made from vanilla and strawberries and a layer of chocolate mousse.

I wonder what it says about the bride when her dress is straight up black? I have my guesses. And her hair, well, it's giving me flashbacks to those egg pods from Aliens. Creepster!

In any case, she's done The Corpse Bride justice and I'm sure she couldn't be more proud.

Congrats again B - can't wait to see you (and your "fashions") back on court soon. You'll be missed in Melbourne!


(images via www.impress-photo.com)

11 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous and that is such an original idea going for the black wedding gown. I hope we see her back on the court in the not to distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy but I love this. Love the hair, love the outfit, love the idea.

    I simply adore people who do the whole unorthodox wedding thing. The typical Hollywood princess kinda weddings make me puke!

    Seriously, congrats, Beth! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four Weddings and a Funeral...

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, perspective and taste is a wonderful thing!great guys that you love it, but me def hates it!the shoes i'd rather die then wear them, even just try them on!they look something Heidi would wear for a ball in the mountains!and the hair, well, scary!who ever did it should get taken her/his hairdresser certificate promptly!the dress is whole another horror.i mean, obviously people with such fashion or life expression do things like that, can't really say what lies behind, but taste definetly not.actually, she would look as a nice lady if someone finally dresses her tastefully!dress is just Halloweenish,only thing I like is the groom!he's kinda cute, southern look get me my cowboy hat,waistcoat and a horse cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the dress, I don't like the hair, and the shoes are oh my UGH. But I always thought I'd wear black on my wedding day.. And my best gay like totally went through the roof.

    "WHADDYA, NUTS???!?! ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED OR PLAYING AROUND?? NO BLACK!!"

    This is IF I ever got married, that is.

    Sarah Jessica Parker wore black on her wedding to Matthew Broderick, and she said she regretted it. To be honest I like the colors on this wedding. No matter what, weddings are supposed to be about the couple so I hope they will be happy in their new life! Congrats B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely cannot accuse her of being boring, and that is something I have to give her props for! Congrats on your marriage, B! And keep up the crazy :)

    sonja: TOTALLY agree about the Hollywood Princess look. BARF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no problem with a black wedding gown, but i DO have a problem with the flowers. And discussion of carats always makes me a little ill. But they look happy, so best wishes B.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yooooooo im sittin next to her brother Andrew right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IRS2007 SAYS WOW.....WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE. ENJOY YOUR MARRIAGE PRETTY LADY, BUT DO HURRY BACK TO THE COURTS. (Isk & Tsk Youyousova)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...