Google Down the Line!: Ana the natural beauty, hits high mark with latest adidas campaign


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ana the natural beauty, hits high mark with latest adidas campaign


A pared-down Ana Ivanovic is starring in a new marketing campaign for sponsor adidas called "Me, Myself".

The spot takes a supposed behind-the-scenes look at the Roland Garros champ's training session (I wish I looked that sweatless during my workouts) and explains an athlete's need for rest + reflection with the tagline "Ana, 30. Thirty minutes of 'me' time - it's what I need before I can meet my next challenge. Impossible is nothing."

According to adidas the campaign is "a distinctive and inspirational new women’s marketing initiative... The ‘Me, Myself’ campaign celebrates individuality, confidence and motivation.”

The 21-year old is joined in the new campaign by basketball star Candace Parker, Tae Kwondo athlete Iridia Salaazar and volleyball player Miwa Asao.

I SO prefer seeing Ana's natural, relaxed beauty being marketed over the Serb's vain attempts at glamour; it feels organic and she seems more at ease and comfortable.

Honestly, her image is not that versatile yet - maybe in time - but not yet.

Check out the alternate version here.

PS - Now that she's starring in this new campaign, does it mean Ana will be sticking it out with adidas and not jumping ship any time soon?

(image via anaivanovic.com)

15 comments:

  1. I just don't get the hype. She's not pretty. She looks manly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Rich. She looks much better like this, than when they try to make her glamorous and sexy. She's glamorous and sexy enough looking casual. Not every player can be put in the same frame.

    However, most people don't agree with us, Rich, and that's why they're "selling" the other version of Ana very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural Ana is best Ana. Maybe her handlers will see that now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anon: I don't get the hype in terms of making her a sexpot. Her game, however, is good and can get a lot better not to mention she's already won a Slam and been in the WTA Penthouse.

    Marija: Hey! Are we really in the minority with this one? How could it be??

    *checks past comments*

    Don't they see that doesn't look relaxed and at ease in the photos. I just don't think every top lady baller HAS to be sexed up. But the sponsors want to sell stuff and sex sells - even when the result is not sexy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that campaign, and she's very pretty just naturally pared down to her athletic self. I hope she sticks with Adidas. I mean, Anando has to match, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her and all of them better without make up...there is time for everything...but they are tennis players in the end...so lets see them shine how they are in the court. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a true beauty doesn't require makeup to look beautiful and I think that describes Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ''She's glamorous and sexy enough looking casual. Not every player can be put in the same frame.''

    I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as i have said in my previous comments, ana is prettier in random, candid shots of her. this is probably her edge over other female athletes. she doesn't need a lot of make up too look lovely.

    -kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. b2012: totally agree!
    Nothing goes over color-coordinated tennis outfits! Lol
    Btw. Isn't it about time for more Anando pics?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, "even when the result is not sexy at all". :)

    I totally share your opinion, about everything you said. However, no matter how many people think Ana looks better not sexed up, I still believe that more people like the other Ana more (don't forget those not from the tennis world!), and that's what's being sold.

    No matter how strange she looks in her FHM photos to me, I bet they didn't turn out to be unprofitable.

    BTW, pardon my slow response to comments, I'm without internet. And now I see my website's not working either. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, "even when the result is not sexy at all". :)

    I totally share your opinion, about everything you said. However, no matter how many people think Ana looks better not sexed up, I still believe that more people like the other Ana more (don't forget those not from the tennis world!), and that's what's being sold.

    No matter how strange she looks in her FHM photos to me, I bet they didn't turn out to be unprofitable.

    BTW, pardon my slow response to comments, I'm without internet. And now I see my website's not working either. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, what about this ad, Rich? Haha, they just simply can't stop.

    http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deuce/2009/01/watch-what-watch.html

    Or maybe that's not Ana?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natural Ana is one of my favorite and best Ana.. She is looking very simple and nice..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dolxfld6uQE I'm glad to visit your blog.. Thanks for sharing and share more interesting article..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...