Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Shocked Richard upsets Sneaky Simon, puts hand to mouth


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PHOTO OP: Shocked Richard upsets Sneaky Simon, puts hand to mouth


Richard Gasquet looked absolutely stunned during his second round match against compatriot Gilles Simon today in Sydney. The Frenchie headcase upset Sneaky Simon 6-4, 6-4 and will meet meet another Frenchie, Jeremy Chardy, for a spot in the final four.

I wonder why Richard's so shocked. Could it be the current World No.24 can't believe he actually beat another top-tenner or that Sneaky Simon actually hit 10 double faults in the match?

I'm feeling a combo platter here.

(image via GREG WOOD/AFP/Getty Images)

8 comments:

  1. Gasquet is such a head case. I wish he would just sh*t or get off the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. natch: I know how you feel. But I can't help but root for the Frenchie. He's so precious and fragile and cute. Part of me gets super irritated when he gets on a roll playing garbage tennis, but the other part just wants to mother him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard frustrates me - I root for him because he has such a good game and a tremendous backhand (obvs). Plus, when he's streaking he can be brilliant.

    But he always falls just when you think he's going to fly. Plus, it never looks like his fitness and conditioning ever changes. He could use a bit more endurance and strength training - he doesn't look quite filled out or something.

    I'm curious as to what kind of training, off-season or otherwise, Richard does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, what's up with Reeshard? He's just quietly going along...WINNING lately! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Richard, I like you and I want you to win more, but how could you beat cutie Simon? Be a nice boy and only beat the players I don't like from now on, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ anon(1).

    im starting to question what kind of form simon is really in this early in the year... during the hopman cup, i initially predicted him to reach at least the QFs at the aussie open... but everyone else looks to be in much better form than he is atm... so i dunno aye

    allez simon, just cmon already

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture looks like Richard just smacked a bug and goes like:
    Eeeewwww, I have a bug on my hand!!!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...