Google Down the Line!: Quote of the Day: Venus on playing tennis


Monday, December 8, 2008

Quote of the Day: Venus on playing tennis



I love what I do. When I win, it's pure joy. It might only last a moment, but it's a great moment. And I could never hang up my racket knowing I had more in me. I'd never be able to forget that I had more left. I couldn't forgive myself.

- an eloquent Venus Williams on why she continues to play tennis

You guys should read this ESPN the Magazine article linked above about how Venus + Serena's resurgence was the most overlooked sports story this year. It's well written...and I couldn't agree more with the sentiment.

In fact, I think the resurgence of tennis as an exciting, competitive, and engaging sport with great personalities was overlooked this year in mainstream sports media. And it's only just beginning...

(image via Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...