Google Down the Line!: SIGHTING: Serena steps out in leopard print for Oscar night


Monday, February 23, 2009

SIGHTING: Serena steps out in leopard print for Oscar night


Hollywood wannabe Serena Williams was spotted on the red carpet for the FOX Searchlight post-Academy Awards party for big winner Slumdog Millionaire (yay!) and the Mickey Rourke comeback film The Wrestler. The Bollywood drama racked up 8 Oscars including Best Picture + Director though favorite Mickey lost out on the Best Lead Actor Award to Sean Penn who starred as iconic gay rights activist Harvey Milk in Milk (yay!).

I'm not a big animal print lover but this leopard print silk halter dress is quite striking on ReRe - it def fits her personality. And I love that she kept it simple with a few accessories including the black flap and small earrings.

I bet ReRe was pushing around the "dramedy" screenplay she's supposedly writing - she's never one to miss a good opportunity!


(images via Getty)

13 comments:

  1. I love that Penn won, and that his speech was so very right on. And I LOVE Slumdog Millionaire, but I was hoping Button would get it so they could split globes and oscars. Alas, I wasn't judging this year... lol

    Though I must say the Franco/Rogen skit made my whole weekend. \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved a few of the movies. I'm glad that Kate Winslet finally got her due. Watching the event itself is like watching snails mate. I just couldn't subject myself to that torture. Slumdog was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me lovey Serena's dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. b2012/Pamela: I was happy Slumdog won - LOVE that movie and I was pleasantly surprised at Sean Penn's win. He was incredibly good and didn't overplay the role which could have been more camp than drama in lesser hands.

    I was also very happy Kate got her golden bald man - so deserves and it was a very tough role in a tough movie.

    sonja: DITTO - like I said not a big fan of animal prints but this works on ReRe. I wonder who her stylist is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Slumdog Millionaire is not a Bollywood drama !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no fan of all over animal print either, but it looks great on her. Serena looks lovely! And great make up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate's my favorite actress on planet Earth (and beyond) and I was overjoyed that she finally got her due, and for such a part as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy Sean Penn won! And I wanted Milk to get the award, but it was obvious that Slumdog Millionaire would get it. The speech given by Milk's screenwriter was beautiful.
    Barcelona 2012: I'm with you on the Franco/Rogen skit. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen slumdog...rich have you??? is it really that good of a movie???? I hate it when movies that no one knows about, sweeps the oscars.....What a great speech from penelope cruz though and I LOVED how each nominee was presented by a previous oscar winner w/ those heart-felt, well written speeches....what a great way to announce the nominees and I love how some of them started crying!!!!! I hope they keep that up.....oh yeah...serena looks great BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I saw it a LOVED it. It's a great story, pretty simple story but told really well.

    I liked the new format though I do like to see the clips too since some of the nominees/movies I never heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the dress on her but would never wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all actors at the Oscar ceremony looked great. I saw such ceremony it was good ceremony.I couldn't find this show for watching online but I found link for downloading it The 81st oscars Rapidshare

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...