Google Down the Line!: VIDEO VAULT: Monica talks Serena, US tennis, and her toughest competitors with Fox Sports


Thursday, February 26, 2009

VIDEO VAULT: Monica talks Serena, US tennis, and her toughest competitors with Fox Sports


Monica Seles, who will be inducted into tennis' Hall of Fame on July 11, sat down with FOX Sports to discuss a few topics including Serena Williams, the state of U.S. ladies' tennis, the sport's grueling calendar, her most memorable moments and her toughest competitors.

The 9-time Grand Slammer also talks about Tennis Night in America on March 2, which is comprised of the PNB Paribas Billie Jean King Cup at Madison Square Garden and a Youth Registration program across the U.S. Learn more at TennisNight.com.

Click here for Monica's interview.

I have to say out of all the ballers, she's the one who really got me into tennis. I loved her passion, intensity, style, and fun personality - not to mention her devastating game. She was an innovator out there.

I still miss seeing her on court. *sigh*

(screen capture via FoxSports.com)

2 comments:

  1. Oh you made me remember Monica Seles back in the 90's. Back then, she was my father's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is a class act. A couple of years ago I had media pass to the players' party at the Rogers Cup. Monica was in attendance as she was being honoured during the tourney. My friend (who is much braver than me) went up to her to tell her how much she enjoyed watching her play. Monica was very gracious and chatted with us for few minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...