Google Down the Line!: + THURSDAY NETCORDS: You don't grip it 'til it turns blue silly


Thursday, March 12, 2009

+ THURSDAY NETCORDS: You don't grip it 'til it turns blue silly


* Roger Federer, 27, says about Rafa: "I am really motivated because I don't know how much better he can play. I don't know how much better I can play but I am right there and he's playing the tennis of his life." Rafa's only 22-years old Fed. You may want to rethink those thoughts. [ESPN]

* Former Gasquet & Racquet blogger Ed McGowan gives his picks on which ballers have the most to gain in the next few weeks [TENNIS]

* Holy crap: tickets for this May's "A Centre Court Celebration" featuring Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters, and Tim Henman sold out in 5 friggin' minutes. I know one DtL reader who got her mitts on some (hint: she "snatched" them up with a quickness.) [Tennishead]

* Anna Chakvetadze's website has been relaunched - yay! Now can we do the same for her game? [SEWTA]

(image via getty)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Roger... you just can't say it, can you?
    Let me help you:
    "Rafa is better than me right now"

    See? It wasn't all that bad... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of no other player who wants to win at Indian Wells or Miami – and needs to – more than Murray. --- Really? Federer needs a win more than Murray does to me.

    I'll leave Fed's snarky remarks alone since I'm happy he is a father to be, but I will say this is part of why I'm thrilled whenever Rafa trounces him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone notice the doubles-mania happening at Indian Wells? Could actually be interesting -- Rafa, Rog, and Roddick (with Fish) are all playing. At the very least it could lift the tournament up from that disaster know as the Women's Draw. ;)

    -Tin

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, did 'Natch' snatch herself some tickets Rich?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tin: I know I know - the doubs are out of control. LOVE. Even on the women's with Shrieka. I feel a doubs renaissance...or not.

    Edgy: Haha - I'll let her speak for herself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really off-topic, but does Novak Djokovic have a foundation? Like, Rafa has his Rafa Nadal Foundacion, Roger has his Roger Federer Foundation...Does Nole?? I'm sure there is someone here who can answer...??

    LOL @ Maja! Roger...swallow your pride already, and admit what you know is true!! And congrats for becoming a dad-to-be, that's great news!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really off-topic, but does Novak Djokovic have a foundation? Like, Rafa has his Rafa Nadal Foundacion, Roger has his Roger Federer Foundation...Does Nole?? I'm sure there is someone here who can answer...??

    LOL @ Maja! Roger...swallow your pride already, and admit what you know is true!! And congrats for becoming a dad-to-be, that's great news!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, double post. My bad!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...