Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: A STAR IS BORN


Saturday, September 5, 2009

PHOTO OP: A STAR IS BORN


Melanie Oudin continued to shock and awe with her inspiring play at this year's US Open taking out 3-time Grand Slammer and 2006 champ Maria Sharapova 3-6, 6-4, 7-5 in front of an electrified crowd at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

After the epic win she told the cheering crowd ,

I've always been so competitive. I go out there and fight as hard as I can. I have 'Believe' on my shoes. That's what I did today. I ended up winning and I'm just so happy.

The 17-year old speedster already upset former finalist Elena Dementieva in the second round and will face her fourth successive Russian foe in Nadia Petrova for a coveted spot in the quarterfinals. She also defeated Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in the opening round.


If Mels recovers quickly from this obvious emotional victory she has a great shot against the always questionable veteran, especially in the key moments when Nads tends to freeze. And, as we've seen in the last two matches, when the going gets tough Mels gets FEARLESS.





(Photos: AP )

8 comments:

  1. She is tennis' newest sweatheart! Thank God she's American!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy match and exciting win! She must be on top of the world right now. At the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a weird statement Kevin.. I mean.. seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted Sharapova to win the match and continue her return, but after Melanie won and the look on her face combined with the post-match talk on court my eyes actually teared up and I couldn't help but feel happy for her...it was the strangest thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to the tennis fashion thing, this is another Ivanovic!! So glad that we got to see both Shrieka's dresses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cibulkova, Dulko and now Oudin beat Sharapova on the last slams. Not a big deal anymore with her crippled right arm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Melanie, I can't believe she won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes and her tennis games as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...