Google Down the Line!: Who let Oprah in the house and why is she asking questions?


Monday, August 31, 2009

Who let Oprah in the house and why is she asking questions?

I'm thinking the USTA let Oprah visit Roger Federer's + Serena Williams' post-match pressers at the US Open today. How else do you explain these questions asked of both defending champions?

I mean, REALLY. She should be banned.

Q. You were just talking about young players, but what do you think the young Roger Federer who was trying to win the Orange Bowl and trying to somehow figure out the pro tour and get a rhythm, the young boy, what do you think he would think of Roger Federer today with all your records, all your accomplishments, your fame? What do you think his thoughts would be on Roger today?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I think I've come a long way. I didn't ever expect to be this successful. I knew I had something special in me, more talent that other players. Maybe the belief, you know, that I could play at a very high level on any given day. But I knew I had many problems of showing that day in and day out, because I struggled a lot in practice. So I think where I've come, it's absolutely amazing. Yeah, I mean, if my career to end today, you know, I'm a happy man. I achieved everything I could ever ask for, really.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. You mentioned 10 years ago, but what do you think the little girl Serena Williams who signed herself up for her own first tournament would think of Serena Williams today with all the Slams, all the accolades?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Oh, my gosh.

Q. What do you think she would think of all this?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I think when I first signed up with that tournament, what you read about in my book, I think that I would just be really I would think that this Serena Williams today is super cool. I would love to get her autograph. I think she would have been my idol, because it would have been like growing up there weren't too many black people. I loved Zina Garrison and Lori McNeil. I would have had a little favorite toward myself and Venus.
*sniffle, sniffle*

(image via smh)

6 comments:

  1. Serena and Roger, as modest as usual. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit, you're making it hard to like you Roger. Seriously. There's only so much douchyness I can overlook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should go to tennis jounalist, my question would be more clever than these. Like:
    "What do you think, what would think the young Serena about that what will think today's Serena about her, the young one?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it just me or Roger didn't answer the question?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serena is looking like she forgot her trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling that most people didn't understand the question.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...