Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Slovaks lift Hopman Cup trophy, edge out Russians


Friday, January 9, 2009

PHOTO OP: Slovaks lift Hopman Cup trophy, edge out Russians


A big congrats to Team Slovakia, Dominik Hrbaty + Dominika Cibulkova, who defeated the favored Russian team of Marat Safin and sister Dinara Safina to win the Hopman Cup today!

Both matches went the distance with Domi defeating Dinara 6-7 (3/7), 6-1, 6-4 and The Dominator edging out Marat in an epic thriller 6-7 (5/7), 7-5, 7-6 (7/3).


It's good to see The Dominator back in action after his recent injury woes. And Dominika, well, she just looks happy to have those lips on that shiny, new ball.

Jurgen's gonna be jealoussss.

(images via Getty)

8 comments:

  1. whaaaat? and no murray our fierce murray victory mention??rich!!!come on!:) we gotta show him some respect, dude's on his way, and did we all saw that coming, murray certenly showed us all loud and clear with his prep.who's coming to rock them all!i caught the match on screen in Intersport-on Eurosport buying weights lol and it was 5-4(I THINK) for the Murray in third, and I like stood there, in a shock for a couple of minutes, I really am still suprised when Fed losses before the final.Even though this could be seen coming.Well, lets Andy win Doha, and kicks Roddick's ass, I mean how did Roddick even get into finals??Weird tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa: LOL! Yeah I have something for that match no worries there. I think it's going to be hard for Fed to take, having two ballers owning him right now.

    What was that about dominating again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dominik and Dominika, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing that this is his last season, I'd decided not to become emotionally involved in Safin's matches anymore, but I've failed miserably. I like Hrbaty, but I'll never forgive him for denying me another brother-sister match! That's not cool at all, Dominik.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I remember watching this match, Safina totally had a HUGE meltdown mid-match and never recovered from it...I guess she's still a headcase, shame cause the commentators were harping on about how she was a legitimate threat for the AO title...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a little cutie Im so happy for her especially seeing they win those gorgeous Diamond balls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PHOTO OP: Dominik lifts Dominika, edges out Jurgen.

    was that lift awkward or what?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...