Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) Common denies romantic relationship with Serena or any other human being


Monday, November 17, 2008

(UPDATED) Common denies romantic relationship with Serena or any other human being


Serena Williams + Common have spent a lot of time together publicly in the last few months including at the US Open and in Hawaii on a surfing vacation.

But the couple isn't really a couple if you're to believe the hip-hop star's recent comments in an interview with Complex.com, a urban magazine and website. In fact, his current girlfriend isn't a girl at all:

Complex: So now, you’re dating Serena Williams?

Common: [Laughs] Nah man, I’m dating hip-hop.

Complex: I don’t know man, I saw you on a surfboard in Hawaii with her…

Common: That was my first time surfing, and I had an incredible time. I’ve been on vacations with groups of friends, but of course they’re going to keep me in the pictures with Serena. They’re not going to film one of my boys, or one of my homies, like they would Serena and I.

Complex: So you’re saying you’re not dating?

Common: Nah, I’m dating hip-hop. My love is hip-hop.

Complex: So is Serena your best girl-friend?

Common: Ha, nah man. My best girl-friend is hip-hop. I’m a single man.

So "hip-hop" is your girl of choice. Of course, what were we thinking? Why ever would we think you and ReRe were dating after spotting you two together for over a year now, including the recent Hawaiian vacation and you acting like the US Open champ's ball boy/boy toy during her major-winning run this summer??

Thanks for clearing that up!

UPDATE: It seems Common is spouting these talking points everywhere. This whole "hip-hop is my girlfriend" thing is starting to sound creepy. He's a grown man that sounds like he really needs to get some - if not from ReRe then someone. Anyone.

(via Women's Tennis Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...