Google Down the Line!: Kimmie makes winning return, beats Bart in Cincinnati


Monday, August 10, 2009

Kimmie makes winning return, beats Bart in Cincinnati


It was a successful return to the WTA tour for Kim Clijsters in Cincinnati!

The former top lady baller, who is returning after 2 years away, downed Stanford champ Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-3 in the tourney's opening round after an hour and 23 minutes of play. I'd say that's a pretty big win especially since Bart has been playing some good ball of late. Impressive indeed.

I'm not the only one who's impressed, though. You can count Serena Williams in that camp:

I look like I’m the one who had a kid more than her. She looks amazing.

It seems ReRe may have found some inspiration from Kimmie's life as well:

I mean, I plan on playing a long time so if that means I have to pop one out and keep going, I guess so.

I guess being a married pro-tennis playing parent is the newest trend on the tours so why not? I mean, just ask Fed.

(image via getty)

5 comments:

  1. Kim is really going to bring some much needed excitement back to the women's game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit to being very, very impressed. I really didn't think she could win this match when I first saw the draw. Here's hoping she goes far @ the US Open. That slam event could use a little excitement this year. GO, KIMMIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there live and Clijsters played remarkably well. I'm so excited for her! And Cincinnati is not spelled Cincinatti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy Kimmie's back! :D
    And Rere cracks me up so much... HILARITY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EGADS! Thanks Fuen - total brain fart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...