Google Down the Line!: Jo-Willy shocks Rog in Montreal, will face Muzz in the semis


Friday, August 14, 2009

Jo-Willy shocks Rog in Montreal, will face Muzz in the semis

"I know, I know. You've been out for a while, had twin mangoes, blah blah. But a win's a win RF."

A big congrats to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who overcame an apparent arm injury and a 1-5 deficit in the decider to defeat top seed Roger Federer 7-6 (5), 1-6, 7-6 (3) in the quarterfinals of Montreal. The Frenchie baller won the match on an unfortuately timed double fault on match point from Fed. He" ll face Andy Murray for a spot in the big final.

After the loss Fed told the press,

All in all I thought it was a decent match. I didn't think it was bad, but it wasn't great, either. It's one of those matches I can live with.

I've had a lot happening the last few months and so it's not a complete disappointment, because I still thought I played all right.

I guess it's not a huge surprise the Swiss lost today since I'm sure the prep time was cut short big time. But Jo-Willy deserves props for fighting back and creating an opportunity to win the match - and then he did. It's the biggest win for him since he shocked Rafael Nadal on his way to his first major final at the Aussie Open last year.

Sign of good things to come Frenchie?

(image via getty)

5 comments:

  1. Federer is a choker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are pathetic , Tennis Observer....Do not say that Federer is a choker when almost all of the top 5 are.They all choke at important and lesser events......Even your idol is a choker.....Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tactic FED!!!!I know what you mean......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Federer is a mental midget. The truth is sometimes painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Props to JoWil. There were a lot of people who thought he'd never come back after knee surgery.

    Sad that it had to be at Roger's expense.

    Although, gee, Roger, is it too much to ask you to focus through the whole match, even if it's 3 sets and not 5, and not clock out once you have a gaping lead?

    The only excuse I will accept is Dadhood Sleep Deprivation.

    (My word verification is "atingl". Is this a hint my Spidey Sense needs help?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...