Google Down the Line!: Rafa + Nole reach semis in Beijing - who'll be gunning for gold?


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rafa + Nole reach semis in Beijing - who'll be gunning for gold?


Here we go again!

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will face each other for the sixth time this season after both ballers won their respective quarterfinal matches at the Olympics today.

Rafa dismissed Austrian Juergen Melzer 6-0, 6-4 in their first meeting and Nole needed three sets to subdue flashy Frenchie Gael Monfils 4-6, 6-1, 6-4.

Nole, of course, just defeated Rafa at the Cincinnati Masters after the Spaniard clinched the no. 1 ranking. The winner will be gunning for gold while the loser will battle for bronze.

So who'll come out on top here people? Do tell!

(image via Getty)

11 comments:

  1. They both played super late, though Nole had the tougher match. I'm going to say Rafa will avenge the Cinci loss and send a message that he's ready for NYC. :) If his serve is clicking, he wins it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have an input per se (I'm a Nole fan, but I think Rafa will win), but I just wanna say that at first glance, I thought the two of them were holding hands, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nole is easily winning this match in 2 sets...just like in Cincinnati. It is his surface though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I dislike him, I have to go with Nole. He's a better hard court player, and plus, as a Fed fan, I'm hoping that Rafa doesn't get too ahead of Fed in the rankings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rafa didn't put much effort at Cincy. With Murray and Nole in the semis, he didn't want to push himself too hard ahead the Olympics. Also he was already guaranteed the no. 1 spot at that time.

    So, I believe Rafa will have no mercy for Nole this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Rafa better than Nole but I'd like to see Serbia win gold. So for once, I'm kinda rooting for Nole. However, Rafa really wants to win, too. So let's see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tennisity, if you root for Nole to win because you don't want Rafa to stay too far ahead of Roger, then think about this...If Nole wins the gold, he won't be to far off from Roger's soon-to-be #2 ranking, Nole will less than a thousand points behind Roger....Your Roger might just end up as #3 by the end of the year. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Rafa's going to win but I'll be supporting Nole as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kakeru, I love the thought of them holding hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "kakeru, I love the thought of them holding hands. :)"

    i love how your minds are just as twisted as mine...fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...