Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) FASHION FIX: Preview of Fed's Nike US Open style


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

(UPDATED) FASHION FIX: Preview of Fed's Nike US Open style

So thanks to Nike for sending over a sneak peek at Roger Federer's US Open duds.

Like last year, the former no. 1 (still sounds funny, huh?) will be working two different looks for the occasion. He'll debut the Federer Sphere React Cool Manhattan Polo ($60) in smoke/comet red/white which features a closed placket and double seams running down the front. The shirt is lacking some detailing, though - it seems flat though the color gives some pop.

The shirt is paired with the Swiss stylist's fave Control Short ($45) in smoke - which I'm totally loving. adidas used grey earlier in the season on Nole but this darker tone is great for fall.

As for the second outfit...well, let's say I'm having flashbacks of a certain someone's catsuit:

Addtionally, Nike is offering the headband ($12) and wristbands ($10) in smoke (though I highly doubt he'll be wearing an all-smoke outfit - gag) and the comet + white Air Zoom Vapor V ($115)he sported in Beijing.






The Sphere React Cool Manhattan Polo, Control Shorts, and Air Zoom Vapor V available at nikestore.com; headband and wristbands available at midwestsports.com.

(images via Nike, midwestsports.com)

20 comments:

  1. oh, no. no, no, no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh. I don't like both of these outfits. I don't know, maybe when it's on Fed the color would work better, but seeing it like this, it's just dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit kinda makes me yawn. But yeah, maybe it's better when Fed is wearing it.

    Very distrubing picture of Serena though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it must all be about the accessories?! I hope so! (do you know what they will be rich?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're just too tight....and Roger is very lean, this'll just make him look too....feminine. I hope he wears them a bit more loose than what they're showing on the manequins...this I think is just one size too small for him...this ain't swimming you know ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's just way too much ugly to the square inch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both! I love red, & I love gray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I don't understand this ugly poop colour they're bringing in for both Roger's & Ana's outfits. Why oh why. On top of that, I totally agree with anon @ 8:36, such tight shirts on Roger will make him look all kinds of awkward. =\ I just hope they'll look better in person...& PLEASE don't wear matching shoes like you did with the Darth look, Roger, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red and smoke looks good, I think, but the all-smoke looks almost horrific.

    Funny how contrasting colors makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fit of this polo looks like the fit of the polos he wore in the spring. I have the dark obsidian + white version he wore at Roland Garros and while it's not baggy by any means it's also not skin tight. I think it looks tight because of the body form the polo is being shown on (I think that's a Rafa mannequin - hehe.)

    Mereana - just updated the post with accessories. Nike didn't send them but I found smoke versions of his headband and wristbands - smoke is a limited edition colorway specifically for the US Open. I don't think he'll wear all smoke like I mentioned in my post though. He'll wear the Vapors he wore in Beijing most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the red outfit. the all-smoke one is too...well, smokey =).

    do you have rafa's us open outfit? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fed's outfit looks like a wet suit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Re: Serena pic.
    Wawaawiwa! If she played a superhero, they would have to "enhance" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw Fed's debut at the Open tonight (8/26). Brown shirt on brown shorts? UPS should just stick a logo on him and hire him as a driver. Just horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the new line however where can I find the nike nyc 2008 jacket jacket he was wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Wine Drinker -

    I just sent a note to Nike media relations to find out info on the jacket.

    I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wine Drinker:

    Here's info on the jacket via Nike media relations:

    "The jacket sold out of Niketown and the booth,
    but they are making new ones which will be available shortly. I'm still
    waiting on a date, but will let you know when I do."

    I'll keep you updated when they get back to me. Feel free to send me your email address or check back on the post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering about the Nike NYC 2008 jacket also--has anyone found out when they will be have more jackets available yet?

    ReplyDelete
  19. anon: i haven't heard anything yet on it from them...anyone else?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...