Google Down the Line!: Ana arrives in New York, thumb injury almost healed


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ana arrives in New York, thumb injury almost healed


Could Ana Ivanovic finally be recovered from the nagging thumb injury that's hampered her summer season?

The sexy Serb has already arrived in New York to prepare for the US Open and all signs look good:

I’m in New York practising for the US Open. Preparation is going quite well. I am slowly finding my form again after what has been one of the most difficult months of my career.

I made an unexpected trip to Australia for treatment on my thumb. It felt a little strange to be there in the middle of the season – usually I only visit during the off-season. But I tried to make the best of the situation and enjoyed visiting my favourite country.


My doctor there has travelled to New York with me because I am still receiving treatment. But it’s going well and I am confident I will be fit for my opening match here.


I’m looking forward to taking part in Kids Day again on Saturday and feeling the excitement of the year’s last Grand Slam.
Love Ana
Great news! Ana should be well-rested and ready for the year's final Slam after pulling out of Beijing. Hopefully she can make good on that top billing - we'll see.

(image via anaivanovic.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...