Google Down the Line!: Battistone works The Natural duel-grip racquet in New Haven, mixes tennis + volleyball style


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Battistone works The Natural duel-grip racquet in New Haven, mixes tennis + volleyball style

Doubles baller Brian Battistone was spotted working The Natural dual grip tennis racquet in New Haven yesterday. He and his partner, brother Dann, were beaten by the Italian team of Simone "the Beautiful" Bolelli and Andreas Seppi 6-3, 7-5.

And, not only does Brian serve with this awkward racquet he also utilizes a volleyball-style, leap-in-the-air, spiking serve:

Hmmm - I'm all for innovation and craftiness on the court but I don't see this as a winning combination. But props to Brian for taking chances - why not?

If you've ever used The Natural racquet in any level of play I'd love to hear about your experience. Do tell!

(images via Getty)

3 comments:

  1. I was actually a ballboy at this match. I think the two-handled racquets and the jump serve is kind-of a gimmick, but it seemed to work out pretty well for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be more than just a gimmick racket and serve. More at http://www.tennisweek.com/features/fullstory.sps?inewsid=6616306

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess time will tell..... I took 7 years off of playing competitive pro tennis and then I picked up the Natural Dual Grip racket last year. In the beginning of October of last year I was unranked in doubles and now I am around 240 in the world. I never came close to that 7 years ago when I was playing with a traditional racket and much younger, stronger, and faster....... There are 7 definite advantages of using the racket. You can find them all at: http://www.dualgripracket.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...