Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Sometimes there are one too many balls (it's the End Times)


Friday, August 6, 2010

PHOTO OP: Sometimes there are one too many balls (it's the End Times)


Yen-Hsun Lu, a Wimbledon quarterfinalist this season, styles out on the August cover of Taiwanese GQ. But, wait! I'm smelling a theme here:

Ana Ivanovic - Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, February 2010

Anna Kournikova - K-Swiss ad, March 2009

It's awesome to have a boy baller finally pushed into a vat of balls while giving his best puss face (though I'm glad they passed on the tini-wini bikini.) But why do these art directors keep pushing this concept? It's a bit done now. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm the last one to complain about lying on a bed of balls and having them shoved in your face, onto your back and up your arm pit. That's a relaxing weekend for me.

But enough is enough.

Check out more images of Rendy Lu in Taiwanese GQ over at HCFoo's Tennis Blog and thanks to Brodie over at Mind the Racket for the tip off!

[Photo(s): Sports Illustrated, K-Swiss, Taiwanese GQ cover via Tennis Connected]
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...