Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) Apparently NaturAna's club name is K-Stew


Monday, February 8, 2010

(UPDATED) Apparently NaturAna's club name is K-Stew


Kristen Stewart, eh, Ana Ivanovic unveiled the redesign of her website which now looks like some kind of disco wonderland. There's even a new section called "Club Ana" where you can send in questions for the Serb to answer, get downloads and participate in the forum. No beats at 140 bpm as of yet, though.

So, I guess if you can't have the world at your fingertip (read: going 0-3 in FED CUP this past weekend) then a disco ball might do, right K-Stew?

She also announced a new lifetime deal with sponsor adidas that includes wearing their products for the rest of her career and becoming an ambassador for the brand upon retirement from competitive tennis.

"I’m very proud to wear adidas for the rest of my career. adidas has helped me immensely over the last few years by providing me with great products and unique services off the court including the adidas Player Development Program," she said in a statement. "Therefore, this long-term contract extension means a lot to me and was a logical decision. I feel thrilled to be a member of the adidas family and I am very much looking forward to working with adidas on many projects in the future."

It's pretty impressive - or foolhardy - to see a brand like adidas make a lifetime commitment on a lady baller whose career is heading anywhere but up. They must really believe in the "Ana Brand" and her ability to turn her results around. But if Nike can back up Maria Sharapova with $70 million over what's likely the remainder of her career even though she's in a rut then I don't see why adidas can't do the same with NaturAna.

UPDATE: I think the post-tennis adidas option should help with the big fam she's hoping to have... (thanks Djangoo!)

[Photo(s): AnaIvanovic.com]

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. I hate her new website. It was one of the best before and so simple and easy to use. Now it looks like utter crap and her forum is a joke.

    I can't help but be surprised, if not shocked that Adidas decided to give Ana a life time contract. I guess it helps being hot. But I am happy she is staying with Adidas because I like Ana in Adidas apparel....well most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought liked her better out of her adidas. but that's a whole other conversation.

    yeah, don't know what they're thinking besides she has a huge fan base regardless of her wins/losses. the cameras still follow her around regardless. like you said, being HAWT sells shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is wrong with the world. Cleearly performance and accomplishment means nada if you can go around looking hot while doing it. I guess Kournikova had something going on in that regard. Frankly, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As in every business the only thing that matters is ROI. That is return on income. If Anna for example gets 5 million a year and brings 200 million a year even at No 22 in the world does it matter for Adidas? Sports fashion is not about achievement, it's about looking good while promoting the clothes. Anna is at least very good at that.
    Tennis Forum
    Tennis Matches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand about return on income and all that, but you would think that a sporting good manufacturer would want someone who is actually performing in order to help sell its product. After all, one would think that the premise behind having athletes endorsing sporting goods was to bring home the message that if you wear or use our clothes, gear etc then you will be performing at an optimum level. I mean manufacturers of cosmetic products sell their products on the premise that if you use said product you too will look as good. I know I am being pedantic here, but the reasoning is defying me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek....good luck Adidas....personally im buying adidas kits and merchandise only because of fernando verdasco and nole djokovic before...certainly not because of this overrated pathetic excuse of a tennis player....lol...seriously, adidas???theres a lot of more deserving girls in the wta at the moment who are far more beautiful and far more crowd drawer than this girl.Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...