Google Down the Line!: Serena offers apology, amends statement


Monday, September 14, 2009

Serena offers apology, amends statement


Serena Williams, who released a statement through the WTA yesterday, has offered an apology via Twitter and also penned a new post on her blog amending the aforementioned statement:

Hey guys!!!

I want to amend my press statement of yesterday, and want to make it clear as possible - I want to sincerely apologize FIRST to the lines woman, Kim Clijsters, the USTA, and tennis fans everywhere for my inappropriate outburst. I'm a woman of great pride, faith and integrity, and I admit when I'm wrong.

I need to make it clear to all young people that I handled myself inappropriately and it's not the way to act -- win or lose, good call or bad call in any sport, in any manner.

I like to lead by example. We all learn from experiences both good and bad. I will learn and grow from this, and be a better person as a result.

Xxxx,

S

Clearly she (or her publicist) realized there was something important missing her in her statement yesterday.

I wonder how the crowd will respond during her doubles final match at the US Open today?

(image via twitter)

9 comments:

  1. Watching live now....no cat calls from the crowd.... but then the stadium was most empty.

    Not that I am nit picking, but if I were her, I would find out the name of the lines woman and include the name in the statement. Show some effort, ReRe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim "Clijsterst" ??? Oh Serena. Pfff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO, I think the apology is appropiate, I mean people are acting as if no one has ever seen anyone cuss out a lines person before...AND the stadium was empty because there was a chance that there would be an hour to hour and a half lay over from the doubles match to the mens final, so most people decided to come just before the mens final would start. kudos to serena, still love her, she can recover from this..oh she just did, she and V won doubles and put pat mcenroe in his place...nice move big sis V!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote Venus : "It's time to move on"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so tired of this- the guy who stabbed Steffi Graf received less backlash- and no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sincerely? Integrity? Mwuahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...do you mean the guy who stabbed Monica Seles?????? I believe he was a Steffi fan. Not sure what that all has to do with Serena...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon 5:25: It has nothing to do with Serena, they're just trying to justify something which is inexcusable. The fact that other people do horrible things doesn't mean that what you're doing isn't wrong. And Serena didn't just curse, she threatened the lineswoman, which is different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Serena, if you are going to offer a sincere apology, at least get Kimmie's surname right. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...