Google Down the Line!: Michelle shocks Zheng, makes third round in Paris debut


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Michelle shocks Zheng, makes third round in Paris debut


Michelle Larcher de Brito, who's making her Roland Garros main draw debut (the first Portuguese lady baller to do so), pulled a big upset today defeating 15th seed Jie Zheng 6-4, 6-3 in the second round. It's the 16-year old's best Grand Slam result to date and will next face homegirl Aravane Rezai for a spot in the Round of 16.

I'd say Shrieka 2.0 has a great shot against the Frenchie in the third round, but if the seeding holds true she'd run up against a blazing Dinara Safina who's lost a total of TWO GAMES in two matches.

Good luck with that one.

(image: getty)

3 comments:

  1. Good to see Michelle making her move! Not sure I want to see her on my television screen though if the rumours that she screams louder than Shrieka are even halfway true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard her yet, but I like her dress. Very nice win for her.

    Except she majorly fricked up my racquet bracket but then...so did a lot of ladies. i need to just start doing the ladies draw with my eyes closed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice intensity when she plays... but the grunt is awful. Totally manufactured as a means to distract the opposition

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...