Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Time to retire EleVen by Venus Williams?


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FASHION FIX: Time to retire EleVen by Venus Williams?


Venus Williams struggled mightily in her opening round match in Paris against Bethanie Mattek-Sands, going the distance but eventually pulling out a 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 victory. She'll face Lucie Safarova in the second round.

The 7-time Grand Slammer is also struggling mightily with her design choices for her EleVen by Venus Williams dresses lately. I thought her Miami moment was horrendous but this one takes the f-ugly prize. I mean, there's nothing even remotely interesting in terms of color, design, silhouette, etc. It's as if V has lost her inspiration now that EleVen isn't available for purchase right now.

Plus, who would've guessed B would be the better dressed baller on-court in ANY match?

*sits shocked*

(image: getty)

9 comments:

  1. All I know is that her wimbledon dress better be something special. But something tells me that it will be this same dress in all white!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like it. Gives me a little bit of and LSD-trip retro vibe!

    Not the best dress, but not *that* bad imo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything beats her teeny tiny shorts she wore at Wimbledon.

    Still, this is fug central.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is pretty rough. I don't understand: What's wrong with just going with solid colors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not trying to be contrary here... but the dress and the pattern is lovely, and looks great on Venus. IMO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Serena's outfit was the best. She didn't wear something questionable or downright fugly like Venus, Maria and JJ. It was fun and sporty and popped yet it wasn't tacky and she didn't try too hard. I loved the colors too.

    *watches pig soar past her window*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I know. I grew to like the Miami dress, but I loved this dress from the minute I laid eyes on it - it's cool. It not only fits like a dream and absolutely flatters her body. It's got a real cut.

    Love the arty d'Afrique vibe of the print and those colours on her. Love how it stands out on the clay (i.e. it's not orange or pink). Love that it's different and yes, challenging even polarising. Sure, I don't think it's for everyone but it looks good on *her*.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the dress is pretty. If you know anything about style, you would know that PRINTS ARE IN THIS SEASON. Her dress is bright and inspiring. Though, it may not look great on every body shape; it definitely looks great on hers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...