Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Gilles knows all there is to know about the crying game


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PHOTO OP: Gilles knows all there is to know about the crying game


Gilles Simon lost his opening round match 7-5, 6-1 to qualifier Andreas Beck in Monte Carlo continuing his poor form of late.

The Frenchie had nothing but positive reviews for his performance today:

This match was completely rotten from the first to the last point. I'm surprised myself. I felt at ease on this surface. I was moving well. But I don't remember ever playing so badly. Nothing was right. Nothing was working. My forehand, my backhand, my serve, nothing.

Ever since Gilles went 0-2 in Davis Cup play earlier this season he hasn't been able to get past the fourth round of any tourney. Clearly, his confidence has been shaken but hopefully he won't freefall.

And in more bad news for the Frenchies, Gael Monfils was spanked 6-3, 6-1 by Janko Tipsarevic (ouch!) while Paul-Henri Mathieu went down to David Nalbandian 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

What's up Frenchies??!

(image via ap)

6 comments:

  1. Those suckers totally ruined my atp bracket challenge score!! I was doing so good and now...Booo!

    "What's up with the Frenchies??!"
    Maybe they thought they were in France...

    Now seriously, Gilles has to step his game up ASAP!! I wanna see smiley Gilles again! Sad Gilles makes me sad as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what Davis Cup can do to a person? This might not be all that's to blame in Simon's case, but DC wins and losses have such a weird effect. Remember when Blake won that 5th set and that momentum carried over for several months?
    I say it's time for Gilles and me to have our night out drinking. natch no likey sad Frenchies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, poor Gilly! He better stay in the top 20, because he's just way too quotable to lose.

    I agree with Natch - it's all about Davis Cup mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my poor French boys. Don't worry I'm on my way! Attendez-moi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna... cuddle... sad Baby Pom...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...