Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Blowing mid-match air kisses doesn't usually work A-Rod


Thursday, April 2, 2009

PHOTO OP: Blowing mid-match air kisses doesn't usually work A-Rod


Andy Roddick came this close to defeating Roger Federer again.

In front of an electrified, raucous crowd the American baller suffered his 17th loss to the Swiss stylist falling 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in a thrilling Miami quarterfinal match. A-Rod gained his second career win over the 13-time Grand Slammer at the same point in last year's Sony Ericsson Open.

A-Rod managed to stay close throughout the entire match but fell victim to a few unfortunately timed let cords that fell Fed's way (on a third set break point against the Swiss and one to set up match point) and his own questionable decision-making.

RIDDLE ME THIS: Why did A-Rod constantly approach to Fed's ferocious forehand only to get passed time and time and time again? Does he heart embarrassment or was it simply his own insanity??

It was like being on auto-pilot and knowing you're about to crash. Jesus, take the wheel.

(image via getty)

12 comments:

  1. What, no Joey Porter love? I think that guy scared the crap right out of both of them.

    What was that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that guy scared the crap right out of both of them.

    and me: http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/lookers7/Joey_Porter.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2-17 it's not that bad! Could be worse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really high quality match. And yeah that Joey Porter guy was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just happy that Stefanki took his hat off for me. That was the same hair I saw when I clocked him in the hotel.
    *squeals*
    *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon,
    If you had acted the way Porter did, you would have been reprimanded by security, and thrown out if you didn't stop. Porter gets away with it because he's *somebody*. Men who get that angry usually take it out on women.
    I didn't think it was funny. I thought it was really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the same hair I saw when I clocked him in the hotel.

    clocked as in "groped"? hit and run I assume. that's what Rafa told me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rog seemed irritated with the crowd last night - both during the match and then he mentioned it in his on-court interview afterwards. C'mon man, you're in the States and you're playing an American! Hello!! Of course they're going to be cheering for Andy! Get over it!

    As far as the match goes, it was good to see Andy come back and push it to a third set. I thought he was going to crumble like he usually does against Rog, but he did well. Except for all the bad net approaches, like Rich mentioned. Terrible. Like cover-your-eyes terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Richie,
    Forgive my technical ignorance, but how did you get it to do the italics? I'm SO impressed!

    Kinda. we both were moving at full force and literally ran into each other rounding a corner. But all the important body parts met. ;)
    I thought I told you that? If I didn't, sorry. He apologized, and I said, "Thank you, sir. May I have another?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Italics, next to adult diapers, are ALL the rage!

    Uh, you can use HTML coding here so for italics put "" at the beginning of the sentence and " at the end. Same for bolding, just put a "b" instead of the "i".

    Exactly, no apologies needed for a hit and run. Just a quick "thanks" or whatever spare change he had would suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Richie! Now I have to remember to do that italics bit.

    I forgot to ask for spare change, but I did offer him a free nude yoga class... ;) Alright, alright. Srsly, he had the hat off, and I told him I LOVED his hair, and he should show it more often. Then last night, my wish came true! You think he's posting about me on some blog for tennis coaches...??? *dreams*

    ReplyDelete
  12. natch: oh no it didn't come out right! the sentence got italicized!!

    let me figure out a better way - when you use the formatting, even to explain it, it ends up formatting the sentence anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...