Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) Kimiko has Seoul while mental midgets pave the WTA way


Monday, September 28, 2009

(UPDATED) Kimiko has Seoul while mental midgets pave the WTA way


LOVE IT.

A big congrats to Kimiko Date-Krumm who became the oldest lady baller to win a WTA tour title since Billie Jean King in 1983 when she captured the Korea Open in Seoul this weekend. She won the title, her first since 1996, a day before turning 39. Her embarrassed victims this week included Alisa Kleybanova, Daniela Hantuchova, Maria Kirilenko, and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final.

And, to throw more salt in the WTA's wounds, the tour's mental midgets are continuing their fine form in Tokyo already this week including opening round losers Ana Ivanovic, who lost her third straight match and second consecutive to Lucie Safarova; Svetlana Kuznetsova who crashed out to Andrea Petkovic; and top lady baller and defending champ Dinara Safina who fell to 132nd ranked 18-year old Chang Kai-Chen, her second straight loss since her third round exit at the US Open.

Okay, I think it's time for me to dust off (one of my) wigs, don my best Nike day dress and hit hit the WTA tour. There's money and ranking points up for grabs and no one's interested in playing - so why the hell not?

We'll see who's laughing their way to the bank (hint: it won't be an -ova but an -ich.)

UPDATE: And Venus goes down. Now where is that afro puff wig of mine? *scratches head*

(Photo: AFP)

9 comments:

  1. Lol Rich. I believe not only you'll play a more fascinating match than these mental midgets...you'll probably upstage all the WTA fashionistas as well. ;)

    Sad that Dinara will lose the top spot to Serena, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39?! OMG, I'll be 45 soon.
    *grabs racquet and balls*
    Erm...I meant TENNIS balls.
    Richie,
    I'll fight you for Number One. It's not too late for either of us!

    Way to go, Kimiko! I hope they filled that urn with Ben-Gay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. natch: OMG I grabbed my balls too when I saw she won Seoul...then hit the court all inspired. LOL

    Yes, we all (meaning anyone breathing) have a shot on the WTA tour. I can't wait! Now, what should I wear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Rich, I'm down , I can be part of the Polish brigade!!!! We could even double up and take some double's points as well. I know I could whoops some ass right now on the WTA tour! If Maria Kirilenko wanted to be my doubles partner, I'd have to ditch you though. Later and I loved the Gasquet vids, that boy had to be sniffin a bit of the yayo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Now, what should I wear?"
    Rubber and lace. You could still win wearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the current crop of mental midgets on the tour no wonder Kim came back, Justine and Alicia Molik are coming back, and Mary Pierce and Capriati haven't ruled out comebacks yet.

    Heck I agree with Pat Cash who said in all seriousness) that Steii Graf should come back and if she did she would win a Slam.

    Hell, Navratilova might even come back if she felt she could still win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh, I meant to say "Steffi Graf".

    ReplyDelete
  8. anon 3:08 - LOL I can't forget about doubs. That's my retirement fund. BRING IT!

    anon 3:55 - I say bring 'em all back and see who's the real deal. I think Lindsay D. should try again - she's still very young. Tracy Austin would be fun to watch. I'd DIE if Monica Seles came back, which brings up the question: can you still make a comeback after you've been inducted into the Hall of Fame? Someone should try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Ana. :( I hope she can bounce back in 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...