Google Down the Line!: Serena won't be playing with spin anymore - at least not on heels


Friday, July 31, 2009

Serena won't be playing with spin anymore - at least not on heels

"I've got a dance move for you Czink. Take that!" (insert grunt)

Serena Williams has famously attempted acting and is currently attempting screenwriting. But the 11-time Grand Slammer has decidedly given up her attempts at dancing - at least on stacked heels.

After defeating pesky Melinda Czink 6-3, 7-6(7) in Stanford ReRe finally revealed the cause of the left knee injury that ultimately required surgery. She told the press she tweaked it getting her groove on at a club back in 2002:
I went into this little spin move out there on the floor and I could feel something go in my knee. I did my move and thought, ‘Oh, no, Serena. This can’t be good'... Whenever I go out now I always bring a pair of flats.
Hysterical - I can SO see this happening in my head. So why did it take so long for her to come clean?
I just didn’t want my parents to know. I don’t think they know yet. I’m still a little nervous about that.
But there was a silver lining to all of this for the former top baller: more time with sister Yetunde Price, who was murdered not soon after her surgery back in 2003:
It was good because I ended up spending the whole summer with my sister, so I have zero regrets. Maybe it happened for a reason….I just thought it was all worth it at the end.
It's a good thing ReRe was able to spend time with her sister before she was brutally taken away. But why would she be nervous about her parents knowing the reason? Are they anti-club, anti-dance, anti-heels, or all of the above?

*scratches head*

(image via getty)

2 comments:

  1. her parents probably are seeing as they're jehova's witness, but lol how drunk was she to do a move so outrageous she needed surgery haha only serena would attepmt that i guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. She lost to Stosur in Stanford. :(

    And seriously, she injured her knee due to a spinning move? That's...
    interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...