Google Down the Line!: VIDEO VAULT: Rafa arrives for Prince of Asturias Award ceremony, works (familiar) super cute striped moment


Thursday, October 23, 2008

VIDEO VAULT: Rafa arrives for Prince of Asturias Award ceremony, works (familiar) super cute striped moment

Here's video of Rafael Nadal arriving in Oviedo, Spain for the Prince of Asturias awards.

The top-ranked baller will be receiving the prestigious 2008 Prince of Asturias Award for Sports which "will be bestowed upon the individual, group or institution whose lives are not only examples to others, but who have also reached new heights in mankind's struggle for excellence, and who have contributed by their efforts to perfecting, nurturing, promoting and disseminating sport."


Rafa
was excited to be receiving the honor saying

It’s an incredible honour for me to receive the ‘Principe de Asturias Sport Award’. I’m extremely grateful to the jury and everyone else who chose me as it’s an achievement greater than usual, it makes me feel proud.

Not only does this represent great sport values but also, and most importantly, good human values. This award is one of the best things that could happen to me outside of the tennis court because it says to me I’m doing this right when it comes to human values.

I always try to do the right thing inside and outside of the tennis courts no matter what. This award represents something different to a sports award and the fact that it’s been given to me means it’s not only thanks to my hard work but also because of those around me, specially my family.

To be given an award like this in what has been a very special year for Spain’s sport makes it even that much more special.

All nominees are of an extremely high level and the simple fact that I was considered amongst this group of people is satisfactory enough, even if I had not won the award.
Congrats to Rafa for the big honor and for the super cute outfit, particularly the striped grey sweater, even though it kinda reminds me of a certain someone else:


(image via Getty)

4 comments:

  1. aa det blir det verkigen svar på imorgon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this style. Especially the shoes. But heck, he looks slammin' in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. b2012, you're so right - I've just checked out Rafa's newest pictures on his official site: leather jacket, Hugo Boss t-shirt.....
    This guy cannot be serious!!! He's simply too good to be true. Noone works those outfits like he does. *faints*

    Rich, you need to see those pictures - they are madness! o_O

    http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/news/article/rafas-schedule-for-today

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...