Google Down the Line!: She's back: Lindsay Davenport wins in return to singles competition


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

She's back: Lindsay Davenport wins in return to singles competition


Tennis' most famous mom is back. 3-time Grand Slam champion Lindsay Davenport made her official return to singles competition at the Bali Open this week. After a total of 51 weeks away, the former No. 1 posted an impressive 6-2, 6-2 victory over fifth-seeded Eleni Daniilidou.

"It did exceed my expectations," Davenport said. "I know that I can play good tennis, and I know that if I stay healthy and play well, I can do well."

Now that's what we call a comeback (are you listening Britney?)

1 comment:

  1. Seems that motherhood really agrees with her. It is good to see her back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...