Google Down the Line!: Novak Djokovic loses final, wins "Most Intriguing Player's Box" Award


Monday, September 10, 2007

Novak Djokovic loses final, wins "Most Intriguing Player's Box" Award


Novak Djokovic may have lost the US Open final to 4-time champion Roger Federer, but he definitely won the Down the Line! award for "Most Intriguing Player's Box." Firstly, most of his supporters were supporting the red, white, and blue adidas shirt he's been sporting the entire tournament (also the colors of Serbia.) Cute. Secondly, his famous guests included Russian glamourpuss Maria "Shriek"apova - working the current Ray-Ban sunglass hipster trend - and legendary actor Robert De Niro.


Here's what Nole had to say about his special guests:

Q. Maria Sharapova was in your box and also Robert De Niro. What are those two relationships with you? Somebody had to ask.
A: Yeah, I was expecting that question on the first place (laughter).
No, let's not go too much with Maria. It's just a friendship we have. It was nice from her to come and support me. As well, Robert, he was yesterday on the match, and today.
I mean, it's amazing feeling to see such a successful people, you know, in my box supporting me, playing with me I can say, living every emotional moment. It's great. It's great
.

Q. What does she think of your imitation?
A: She said she's going to kill me. Of course, she accepted it on the right way. Of course, she found it funny, not offended.

Q. How did you meet Robert De Niro? Did he just show up in your box?
A: I met him randomly on the street. I was sitting in a bar. He was coming, smoking a cigarette (smiling). No, no.
We were invited ‑‑ I went with a couple of players, Ana Ivanovic, we got invited from he and his wife to come to the dinner. It was really nice. He owns the Japanese restaurant, so we went there for dinner. We met. We talked.
As well, his wife is a very big fan of tennis. She's a great woman. He's, you know, a great person. I'm really happy that they showed up and supported me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...