Google Down the Line!: Keepin' up with the Serbs: updates on Jelena, Novak, and Ana


Thursday, July 26, 2007

Keepin' up with the Serbs: updates on Jelena, Novak, and Ana


The sensational Serbs are gearing up their games for a run at the last Grand Slam of the year, the US Open. World No. 3 and play-aholic Jelena Jankovic has been the quietest, taking a much needed vacation in Marbella, Spain. “After extremely exhausting, but very successful season, I decided to have a one-week rest from tennis and go on a deserved vacation," said Jelena. "I really needed it and I enjoyed it. Marbella is a wonderful place. Since my zodiac sign is Pisces, I spent most of the time on the beach and in the sea, went jet-skiing and swimming." I wonder if that makes Jelena compatible with her Aquarian mixed-doubles partner, and much rumored love interest, Jamie Murray? (image courtesy of Blic Online)


Meanwhile, men's World No. 3 Novak Djokovic has been competing at the Croatia Open this week and suffered a stunning loss to fellow Serb Viktor Troicki in the second round. "Of course I'm disappointed," said Djokovic, "but you have to turn the page and look ahead after such a loss." His next stop: the Montreal Masters on August 6.


Ana Ivanovic has become a non-stop media machine. The World No.5, who recently signed a lucrative deal to be the face of Peugeot in Eastern Europe and was profiled in USA Today and CNN's World Sports, is appearing in the newest issue of Interview magazine. Her next stop on the tour: The Rogers Cup on August 13. The global domination continues... (via AnaIvanovic.com)

Which one of the Serbians will win the first Grand Slam? My bet is on Ana Ivanovic. Tell us what YOU think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really not sure, but maybe Ivanovic.
    Still, I have to say that at the moment I prefer Jankovic as a player; she is more consistent, 90% of the time she plays really well. On the other hand, Ivanovic sometimes plays superbly, and sometimes disappointingly. As for Djokovic, he's a mature and really smart player . Anyway, all of them have great potential, both physically and mentally, and will achieve a lot in their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jankovic's game but she has more trouble with the mental game than Ivanovic, although Ana can get shaky too (read: French Open final).

    I love Djokovic but with Federer and Rafa around, he will need them to be knocked out early, injured, or he needs to play his super-A game to win right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...