Google Down the Line!: Tatiana, Richard and French tennis


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tatiana, Richard and French tennis

Frenchie World No. 19 Tatiana Golovin, of the Wimbledon red knicker fashion uproar this summer, has hooked up with 7-time Grand Slam champion Mats Wilander for coaching assistance. According to Tati, "He doesn't like the part of women's tennis where we hit as hard as we can and not really think out there...He's going to make me think more, see the court better and play more like a guy, which could be better." (images via Tennis Served Fresh)


Speaking of the French and Wimbledon, Richard Gasquet is still on Andy "A-Rod" Roddick's mind...I mean his devastating loss to the talented Gasquet in their epic quarterfinal earlier this month, that is. A-Rod, speaking from the Indianapolis Tennis Championships, said, "I don't know if I am over it...I was pretty down. It was of the most disappointing losses of my career because I felt I was playing well enough to have a shot." Though feeling down, he went on to say, "...the best therapy for me is just getting back out there and presenting myself with a new challenge."


With the US Open around the corner, this news certainly bodes well for the French particularly with rumors swirling that Amelie Mauresmo may withdraw from the final Grand Slam and the rest of the 2007 tennis season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...