Google Down the Line!: Winning a title feels pretty good to Tipsarevic


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Winning a title feels pretty good to Tipsarevic

He really does have his big boy panties on now.

Janko Tipsarevic finally found out what it was like to be the last one doing whatever he's doing in that pic after winning his very first ATP World Tour title. After a slow start he defeated Marcos Baghdatis 6-4, 7-5 in the final of the Malaysian Open at Kuala Lumpur.

Here's what Tipsy said after the win:
"It feels great. I think I deserved it. I’m so happy that it came in a good place, at a tournament that is really, really nice, and against a good player. Marcos Baghdatis has played in 11 finals and was a former Top 10 player, a Grand Slam finalist. So I feel happy that I won against a great player in a final that I hope kept the fans on the edge of their seats until the very end. I could not be happier."
So about this winning titles is "overrated" thing, Tipsy. Good to see you haven't changed your mind or anything.

2 comments:

  1. It very much looks like Djokovic is having a huge influence on these Serbian athletes. Their men's and women's volleyball teams recently won the European Championships and now Tipsy wins his first ATP title.

    I'm not surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even NaturAna seems to be playing well at the moment. Nole's, like, a GAWD or something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...