Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Yep, it was me. I did it.


Friday, April 15, 2011

PHOTO OP: Yep, it was me. I did it.

"Guilty as charged."

Congrats to Jurgen Melzer for earning his first win over Roger Federer in four attempts upsetting the 16-time Grand Slammer 6-4, 6-4 in the Monte Carlo Masters quarterfinals. And he did it while dealing with a back injury which required Melz to leave the court for treatment in the first set.

The Austrian was understandably thrilled to add the Swiss to his list of elite scalps:
It [has special meaning]. I mean, I have beaten Rafa last year. I have beaten Nole [Djokovic]. So this was the one missing. I'm very happy I actually did it today.
I'm sure Fed loves being referred to as 'this...one'. Heh. Great win, Melz, and a great accomplishment to have wins over those ballers. Now you get to face that Spanish dude who can run all day, defend all night and never seems to tire. No, not Rafa silly but he other one - David Ferrer.

[Photo(s): AP]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...