Google Down the Line!: TENNIS magazine hit by layoffs, print work to be outsourced


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TENNIS magazine hit by layoffs, print work to be outsourced


Tough times for TENNIS magazine.

The word going 'round the Internets is that there have been at least four layoffs at the print arm of the pub, not including Peter Bodo + Steve Tignor who are said to be safe. The website will continue to run while print work is being outsourced to 10TenMedia.com.

I noticed the alarming lack of ad pages all the way back in September 2008 so this news doesn't come as a surprise. They did a really good job of getting this far in a tough economy but I don't think it'll go much further. I would bet by next year TENNIS will be fully online.

I'll make sure to update this post as more news becomes available. Feel free to contact me, though, if you have any more info at DownTheLineTennis[at]GMail[dot]com.

[Photo(s): TENNIS magazine]
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. That is sad. Change is always scary.
    I wonder if any print media is going to make it at all?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...