Google Down the Line!: ATP art school


Monday, September 27, 2010

ATP art school

Click here to view the video
To celebrate their entry into the Elite Eight for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals each baller who qualifies will use his racquet-slugging skills to create a self-portrait showcasing one of his signature moves.

The ballers will hit paint covered tennis balls against a large, blank canvas with a stencil of the sig-shot placed over it to create these one-of-a-kind, autographed pieces. Once they're all completed the portraits will be publicly displayed and auctioned off for charity.

Rafael Nadal + Roger Federer are the first two ballers to qualify for the WTF and had the opportunity to create their self-portraits. Here are the results and a bit of what they had to say about the experience:


"Making the artwork was fun and something I've never done before. It's a great way to celebrate the World Tour Finals coming back to London. It was a little bit of a challenge to put the balls on the silhouette! Of course this is the least we can do for charity and for those who need it the most. It's very important that people in our position help those who really need help. I'd like to thank everyone for the support they give us." - Rafa


"It was great fun being invited to create my self portrait and I'm excited to see how the finished piece looks. Raising money for charity is always a great thing so already I would like to thank people who will buy these pictures and it's going to be for a good cause. I'm happy I can help a bit. I am very happy as it is the ninth consecutive year I have qualified for the year-end event. I have played in a lot of different venues during my career and I can say they staged a fantastic event at The O2 last year. I look forward to returning there in November and finishing the season strong." - Fed

The Rafa sig-shot is perfection. But I have to question their choice for the Swiss. How about a forehand shot or, better, a tweener? I mean, it's been ALL the rage of him recently. This one? Not so much. It's more Pete Sampras to me.

[Via: barclaysatpworldtourfinals]
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...