Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Rafael Nadal returns in Nike solar red


Thursday, August 12, 2010

FASHION FIX: Rafael Nadal returns in Nike solar red


Like Roger Federer a day before, Rafael Nadal made his return to the ATP World Tour last night, playing his first match since winning his second Wimbledon championship and eighth major title. And like Fed, it was a predictably rusty performance from the top seed who scraped through the first set of his match against Stanislas Wawrinka at the Rogers Cup (playing the longest tie-break of his career) before earning a tough 7-6(12), 6-3 win. He'll battle Kevin Anderson for a spot in the quarterfinals.


The Mallorcan Matador also showcased a new colorway in the Nike Vamos Lawn Crew ($65) he worked during his Wimby win. There was a bit of discussion over Twitter about what color this is (I was all for salmon pink while I also "heard" watermelon, bubble gum, neon + flamingo pink) but here's the official color name: solar red. Hmph.

It was paired with the same white Vamos Woven Short from his All England Club run.

I'm so not a fan of this style or colorway at all. It's like something borrowed from Tron's color-blind cousin. But, if I had to choose I guess I'd go with the white version from Wimby which looks like a basic v-neck tee. But please don't make me. I beg of you.

P.S. - Can you imagine a watching a Fedal final with these duds on display? I'm doing that right now and I still can't watch.


[Photo(s): TennisWarehouse.com, Getty Images]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...