Google Down the Line!: Clijsters gets "Barbied" with Jada, becomes first female athlete to receive likeness


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Clijsters gets "Barbied" with Jada, becomes first female athlete to receive likeness


Kim Clijsters has become the first female athlete to be immortalized by Barbie, the internationally recognized doll with the impossible proportions.

Her likeness was unveiled at the largest toy fair in Nuremburg, Germany along with a mini-Barbie of daughter Jada.

Kimmie expressed her excitement about the dolls saying,


"When I was a young girl I played with my Barbie dolls all the time and took them with me everywhere I went. I am therefore deeply honoured and humbled as I today join the ranks of iconic women who represent Barbie's aspirational values.
"My family means everything to me, so I was really excited when I found out that Jada would also receive her very own "Jada" Barbie doll. This is something that is very special to me and my family and we will cherish it for life."

She joins Oprah Winfrey, Sally Ride, Melinda Gates, Angela Merkel, Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe as famous women who've been "Barbied."

Honestly, the only likeness of the U.S. Open champ I see is the blond hair and Fila duds. Nice stems though.

Jada actually looks more spot-on than Kimmie especially the bushy hair, round face and striped sweater. Cute.

[Via: KimClijsters.be]

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Must stop self from ranting...

    Okay, I'm sorry, but Barbie dolls hella piss me off. I mean, seriously, look at Kim's "legs". Great image to project to 6 year old girls. And they wonder why girls have so many issues with eating disorders nowadays. /rant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah her proportions are 39-23-33. Uh, right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an honor seriously that's huge. Her's comes on the heels of Barbra Streisand's Barbie which I can't freakin' find (not that I have 50 bucks to spare. College is expensive!)

    Frankly, I think a girl's self image and self esteem depend on her environment growing up and the values her parents instill in her not the dolls with which she plays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Babs get one too?! I haven't seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup she debuted it on Oprah. I normally can't be arsed to watch Oprah but for Babs I definitely made an exception.

    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTN6574

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Rich, this isn't modelled very well on Kim! While Kim the tennis player can be a good role model for kids, kids should not be brought up with the plastic anorexic that is Barbie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...