Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) SexGawd Safin defeats Thierry at Paris-Bercy, offers us one more match


Monday, November 9, 2009

(UPDATED) SexGawd Safin defeats Thierry at Paris-Bercy, offers us one more match

Brace yourselves peeps.

We've landed in Paris-Bercy, the final stop on the Marat Safin So Long Tour. *cries*

It's here, and we're here, to watch the final serves, groundies, and tantrums we've all come to know and love from our tortured Russian.

And, the SexGawd decided he wanted to thrill us (or torment us?) a little bit more by saving 3 match points in his 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 win over homeboy Thierry Ascione in the Paris Masters first round.

He spoke about his game afterwards saying,

The tennis I'm playing at the moment is not the best of my career. I always came here to win but this time, frankly, I don't think I can do that.

I'll just try to finish on a high note and say goodbye to everybody.
That might come in the next round when faces a tough task in U.S. Open champ Juan Martin del Potro. But who knows?

In the meantime, enjoy it y'all. Soak it in.

UPDATE: Here's SexGawd speaking about the match and his next one against the Argentine. He looks relaxed and ready to be sent into retirement. Prepare thy racquet, Delpo.



(Photos: Reuters)

7 comments:

  1. I totes rearranged my schedule today and tomorrow for Marat. Stocked up on tissue, too.
    But...uhmmmm...if he makes it to Wednesday...I mean, you can't expect me to drop EVERYTHING for you, can you, Marat? ;)
    I'll tell you what, I'll DVR all the rest if you make it that far, and send Richie over to compensate. Fair enough? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Srsly natch - what are you gonna do now that you won't be able to eye-spy SexGawd creeping out of closets or bathrooms with 10 girls on his massive arms? as a matter of fact, what will i do without the stories?!

    we're fucked.

    *still cries*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ johanne

    WHAT WILL WE DO??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DON'T KNOW!! I was spazzing today when he went down 15-40 & then saved those match points. AGH! Clearly, I was not prepared for him to lose/retire. I will be hoping for a miracle against Delpo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so long Marat...ill miss seeing you practice with Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Richie. They aren't THAT great. He's just funny as hell. I only have one more, and it's more about me than him. (See? Natch Boring. Marat Funny.) He has a great facial expression in it, but how am I gonna type that?

    P.S. I'm glad he didn't play today. I got called away on a yoga-related emergency. I know! I can't believe such a thing existed, either. But now I can watch him tomorrow.
    *gets tissues ready*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...