Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Venus joins Andy for car top SEO promo, debuts tie-dye mess


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FASHION FIX: Venus joins Andy for car top SEO promo, debuts tie-dye mess


Venus Williams debuted a new EleVen dress during a photo call for the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami today.

The 7-time Grand Slammer was joined by Indian Wells finalist Andy Murray and the pair displayed their skills while standing on the hoods of two cars. No, seriously.

Anyway, back to the dress. While I'm absolutely thrilled the Goddess Dress has been put to pasture, this dress is horrid. V gets points for trying something different with the tie-dye moment but what's up with the strange triple-tiering? It looks like she took leftover materials for another dress and stapled them on. Plus, the area where her boobs should be is all mushy and looks like it's stuffed with beanie babies. Not flattering.

Check out more pics from the photo call below.






(images via getty)

11 comments:

  1. I love that they call playing tennis on top of two vehicles in traffic "impromptu" - as if they didn't know beforehand.

    At least the Goddess dress has been put to rest. This one ... too busy. They looked like they had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I kinda like it. I think it will look great against the SE Miami court color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Andy but wow, that dress...I think I've gone officially color blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love the dress. The colors look beautiful on Venus, I'm a fan of such bright colors on black skin (but not too bright colors), and the design is pretty too. All in all, it's refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B2012 you're lucky that you've gone color blind. The rest of us are stuck looking at it. Darn! I didn't know that our prayers for a new dress would backfire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least Venus' hair looks good. I like the cut. Let's see how long before the extensions go back in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely disagree with you on the dress! I think it looks gorgeous on her. I like that fact that she's wearing some color rather that the monochromatic whites and blacks and such. And the cut of the skirt is different and playful. Well done Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sort of reminiscent of the Sampras-Agassi commercial from back in the day where they stop traffic and play tennis in the middle of NYC (I think it was).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cut and style of her dress but the colour mish mash is horrible. That sort of mess is more like something we would see on Vintage Serena not the usually fashion savvy Venus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know but to me it just looks gaudy and reminiscent of sista Serena's aussie open print dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I caught a glimpse of it on the BBC while she was playing on top of the car and I instantly liked it...from a distance.

    Close up, I still love the colours (agree that they're strong and vibrant without being gaudy) and they really flatter her, but the actual cut of the dress is only 'so-so' imo, and I agree that the tie-die print looks a little random.

    Might grow on me (it looks downright cute with the white jacket) but we'll see. Jury's out for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...