Google Down the Line!: Quote of the Day: Nole on his medical timeouts


Friday, October 17, 2008

Quote of the Day: Nole on his medical timeouts


I don’t like how I have got a reputation as a guy who asked for medical timeouts to intimidate opponents. It’s not me trying to provoke my opponent. It’s me trying to win.

- Novak Djokovic on his constant injury woes and withdrawals

Okay, so this quote could SO be misconstrued as Nole taking these medical timeouts to distract, not "provoke", his opponent so he can win the match. But I don't think that's what he meant here.

We've all been through this subject before so I won't sing you "Nole's Greatest Hits - The Injury Edition". The best thing the Serb can do to shut the talk up is get stronger, healthier, and only call the trainer if absolutely necessary - like his legs are literally going to fall out from under him (because that would be really gross.)

(image via Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...