Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Fitting Murray in 2009 Fred Perry, behind-the-scenes of course


Friday, September 26, 2008

FASHION FIX: Fitting Murray in 2009 Fred Perry, behind-the-scenes of course


Andy Murray, who I think has one of the best baller sites around, is giving us a behind-the-scenes peek at a fitting for his 2009 Fred Perry gear.

The Brit baller is seen in a meeting discussing the design inspirations and getting fitted for his new duds:

It's an interesting process, which is all the more important to pro athletes. Whilst we might just size clothes up in a 'well, it kind of fits' kind of way, these guys have to feel totally comfortable in it day after day.

Every little detail is looked at, with feedback taken on items from last year.

So now you know, a lot of work goes into making sure that shirt sits absolutely right on his shoulders. They even discussed how the fit of the shirt changes over the course of a match.



And, it looks like the designers found an iconic source of inspiration for next season:

Could it be the return of the shorty-shorts to tennis after all? [Insert Rafa/Simone imagery]

This is great stuff. I give big props to Team Andy for consistently giving fans an "insidery" look into his world on and off the court including pre-/post-match thoughts, training, fitness, fashion, and plain ol' fun.

Now if only more baller sites could jump on his bandwagon.

(image via andymurray.com)

Digg!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the head's up on his site. I'm so old it didn't occur to me that players have their own websites. You are right, it IS a great website. There is lots of updated and recent information, and lots of information in general. Yet it's easy enough for old farts like me to navigate.
    Rafa, are you listening? Get thee to a short-shorts manufacturer! (Rich, can you sew? I volunteer to *measure*.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. natch: LOL! I can't sew but I'm a good mimic. Andy's site is one of the best in terms of all the things you mentioned. Unfortunately for us fans, there aren't many well done sites and some ballers don't even have one (hello, Venus). I don't understand how you couldn't have a website in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that all the bad press Andy M got during his 2007 of moping and being injured really affected the average fan's view of him, and I can't help but think that his rather excellent website will go a long way toward repairing that image. I too wish more players would follow his lead on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. libby: great point - his image has definitely turned a corner this year and culminated at the US Open. Let's hope he continues to engage rather than enrage fans from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another job I wish that I had... *sigh*

    I think his site is great as well - at least he keeps it pretty well updated and interactive. I wish Rafa's was not so blinding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, B2012, Rafa's site as I blogged about before is strangely over-sized...can't imagine where that inspiration came from. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...