Google Down the Line!: Vaidisova's victorious run continues, makes quarters at Wimbledon


Monday, June 30, 2008

Vaidisova's victorious run continues, makes quarters at Wimbledon

She's baaack!

Nicole Vaidisova looks to have awaken from her season-long slumber, gutting out a 3-set victory over Russian Anna Chakvetadze 4-6, 7-6 (0), 6-3 and grabbing her first defeat of a top-10 baller since beating Jelena Jankovic in Sydney - yeah, that was in January.

Well, Nicole is still working "The Worm" so we can't credit a breakup for the turnaround - must be new coach David Felgate. Whatever the case, it's good to see the Czech revive her game.

Good luck, though, with battling giant-killing Chinese baller Jie Zheng in the quarterfinals...the girl is on fire.

(image via Getty)

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy for Vaidi to have her faculties back, but I am really pulling for Zheng.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really fouled up my racquet bracket...It's nice to see her getting herself together though I suppose. I'm still shocked when I look down the women's draw sheet at how this Wimbledon is playing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. natch: zheng winning would be a great story, nicole winning a good one

    b2012: yes all draw sheets for the ladies are screwed - welcome to my club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan. She seems a bit. . .blah? She was in studio with Martina N. on tennis channel, who was chatting with her in Czech and pouring all these compliments on her and she was just like, "Uh, whatever!"

    To me, there's something "off" about her (see Stepanek, Radek) and her game isn't anything special.

    GO Zheng Jie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...