Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Serena joins Venus for doubles, suffers second loss in a day


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PHOTO OP: Serena joins Venus for doubles, suffers second loss in a day

Picture (im)perfect: Sometimes a picture is really worth a thousand words, and then some. After her puzzling loss to Jelena Jankovic in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, Serena Williams took the court with sister Venus for some doubles action - and lost again. The experienced Chinese team of Yan Zi and Zheng Jie defeated the Sisters Sledge 3-6, 6-4, 6-2.

The defending champ met with the press after her doubles match and said about her loss to Jelena,

"I just think I'm not going to sit here and make excuses. I lost because Jelena played better than me and I made too many errors. I think regardless, the match was on my racquet, and I gave it away."
Based on this photo, ReRe's quarterfinal loss was still firmly on her mind, and may be for some time.

(image via AP Photo/Andrew Brownbill)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...