Google Down the Line!: Lindsay Davenport wins Bali Open, celebrates with son Jaggar


Monday, September 17, 2007

Lindsay Davenport wins Bali Open, celebrates with son Jaggar

A mom's moment: After almost a year off from competitive play, Lindsay Davenport surprised everyone, including herself, by winning the Bali Open. The 3-time Grand Slam champ defeated slendar Slovak Daniela Hatuchova in the final 6-4, 3-6, 6-2.


After announcing her return to the tennis tour recently with son Jaggar at her side, the former World No. 1 came full circle and brought her son out again to help her celebrate the win. "I'm a little bit in shock," said Davenport. "It's just overwhelming and exciting. I swear this is probably the first tournament I've played in four years where I didn't have anything wrong with my lower extremities."

(images via AP Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...