Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Istanbul eight (well, seven)


Sunday, October 23, 2011

PHOTO OP: Istanbul eight (well, seven)


These photos crack me. I never have high expectations for the lady ballers' attempts at fashion because it's not their focus - that would be tennis. But I can't help but giggle when I see what they come up with. Well, most of them anyway.

How amazing does Petra Kvitova look here? 'Effortless' would be the word that comes to mind for her in the photo - and 'natural.' Maria Sharapova looks good (and she's got that pose down pat). The girl does love a camera lens. And, no, your eyes aren't buggin' out. That's not Victoria Azarenka or her mom in the middle with the black dress - it's WTA CEO Stacey Allaster. The Belarussian was busy winning Luxembourg this weekend.

Um, I think I'll stop here. It's the end of the year, the last hurrah, the "Final Countdown...da-na-ne-na, da-na-nun-dun-dun" so let the others dress up as awkwardly as they want. Out of all the competitors fighting for the 8 coveted spots at the WTA Championships all year long, these girls made it to Istanbul (and not that other year-end thing going on - what is the point of it anyway?) and deserve to put on their highest heels, weirdest dresses, cakey makeup and celebrate their asses off. So let 'em.

P.S. Why does Sam Stosur look like she's photo bombing this shit? Ok, now I'll stop.

[Photo(s) credit: Getty Images]

7 comments:

  1. Twice a year, I so wish that women had a suit equivalent (you know, something that fits any woman, works for every occasion and requires no more effort than a visit to a tailor): when I have to attend some third cousin's wedding and when the photo of the WTA YEC field comes out.

    *Sigh* Most men don't know how lucky they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Li Na looks. It is over the top, but she accentuates Chinese glamor, she's pretty and looks different. Definitely a memorable outfit, in a good way.

    But I agree, the overall look of all players just cracks you up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know if they all actually came out looking hot I might be disappointed. I LIVE for these photos. LIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even recognize Li Na. And you can usually count on Maria to elevate things but not this time...her dress is so matronly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RiCH, I absolutely understand you. :) I think Caro is the absolute miss this time. Others, the more I look at them, the more sense their dresses make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Marija. Who does Wozzi think she is? JJ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...