Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Venus ousts Akgul, debuts EleVen jumper


Monday, June 20, 2011

FASHION FIX: Venus ousts Akgul, debuts EleVen jumper


A quick note before we talk about Venus Williams and THE OUTFIT: I've recently started a new gig. And while I'm obviously excited to be starting this new adventure it means I won't be able to post as regularly as I have in the past and it might be at odd times (no, I'm not working the pole - TRUST). I wish I could've timed it a bit better, like after Wimbledon, but it is what it is. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you started wondering why posting has a slowed down a bit. And, as always, thanks for reading.

Now back to V. She played well in her first round match, crushing Akgul Amanmuradova 6-3, 6-1. But, really, what we need to discuss is the new EleVen creation. I suppose I should just let the 5-time champ explain in her own words:
"It was a jumper. Jumpers are very now, as is lace. The shoulders have a lot of draping, which is also in the moment. It's just a trendy dress. It's fun. I'm really into zippers, so it has a focal point of a zipper in the front. And the back is a cut-out, or a peek-a-boo. It's just fun.

Right now I'm really trending towards simplicity. I'm not sure why. It's just how I feel right now. Everything is getting more simple."
LMAO. You gotta love V's idea of simplicity. In any case, it's SO much better than what she busted out at the Oz Open back in January. There was nothing 'now' about that outfit. More like 'never'. Please.

[Photo(s) credit: Getty Images]

4 comments:

  1. I like the jumper. Rich, Baby, have fun with work and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It almost looks like a comfy terry cloth robe. I like the jumper concept, but the craftsmanship seems a little lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vee's outfit here.

    Congrats on the new gig Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new job!

    Hahha I agree, it's not now, it's never :D Ahaha and Venus' idea of simplicity seems to be very complex :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...