Google Down the Line!: To tweet or not to tweet - that is the question


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To tweet or not to tweet - that is the question


Jarmila Gajdosova, who used to go by Groth before divorcing ex-husband Sam recently, must have gone to the Donald Young school of tweeting. No, her tweets aren't profanity laced and she's not lashing out at the Australian tennis federation. But she is airing out her dirty laundry and putting it out there for public consumption. Check out some of these recent updates (click to enlarge):


Whoa. At least Donald's had to do with tennis.

It's not like Jarka's discussing vacay plans or what's playing on her iPod at the moment. It's, like, REALLY PERSONAL STUFF Y'ALL. The girl needs a diary. With a heart shaped lock.

I do think there's a fine line between dropping the wall a bit and giving people a glimpse into your life and taking a sledgehammer to it. Maybe it's just a sign o' the times but that fine line seems to be moving quickly. Personally, I think it's a bit much. Go talk with a good friend or see someone if you need to vent or work through some shit. A therapist Twitter is not.

So is it just me or does anyone else think it's over the top?

P.S. This one's for migi.

[Photo(s): William West/AFP/Getty Images]
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. Too much. I mean, I don't mind, but for her own good she should avoid sharing such emotions. How come she doesn't realize that? How come anyone doesn't realize that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much too much. I shake my head sometimes at the things that people put out there on twitter. It is like whenever a thought comes into their head they just feel the need to air it. I understand that this is social media, but there must be some boundaries as to what you disclose, and what you don't. I agree with Rich. Go see a therapist and players need to learn to ignore the trolls that about in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, it is a lot she's putting out there, but we've all seen it where some people just share everything that's going on: I have a friend on Facebook whose status updates were giving up-to-the-minute details of her walking out on her husband!

    Twitter and other forms of social media can be used two ways, I feel: To promote your brand or to express yourself personally. The latter's going on here, and I'm OK with it—even though I wouldn't do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno. Sounds like she's taken a lot of criticism for the passport thing. Saying that she got married for completely different reasons is not really the type of things you feel the need to confess to a friend/diary...it's more of a public statement so twitter seems appropriate to me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...