Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Brooklyn Decker trend watch in Hotlanta


Friday, July 23, 2010

FASHION FIX: Brooklyn Decker trend watch in Hotlanta


Brooklyn Decker, who we last saw decked out in Herve Leger for the ESPY Awards, took a turn for the casual as she watched hubby, Andy Roddick, scrape out a 6-1, 6-7(1), 6-3 win over compatriot Rajeev Ram in sultry Atlanta.

Yes, it's been a near record summer in terms of heat in many parts of the U.S. - including New York City where I'm currently melting - and Hotlanta is no exception. I'm not complaining, though, because it gives people license to wear next to nothing just to survive and that makes my fave past time - people gawking - a much more pleasant experience. At least for me.

But I digress. Back to Brook. The tennis WAG busted out a few trends for her hubby watching:

1) Ray Ban Aviators: Yes, I know I've written about this style maybe a little too much but they're my fave style and the WAGS seem to love 'em too. It's a classic and not a fad like their cousin, the 8o's Wayfarer, which is EVERYWHERE on EVERYBODY right now. But don't worry. Once the Wayfarer gets tired and leaves you, Aviator will be there waiting. You'll see.

2) Boyfriend t-shirt: This trend is all about taking your boyfriend's t-shirt and wearing it as your own, except it's not his - the shirt was made for you. It's an I-just-rolled-outta-of-bed-after-sex-with-my-man-piece-and-threw-on-his-shirt look. Don't act like you've never done it. Or it.

3) Gladiator sandals: Gah! Like the Ray Ban Wayfarers this sand style is everywhere on everybody. I love Brook's color choice but these have been around for a couple of years now. If you don't already have them in your closet then try something new like platform sandals or these cute flats.

4) Chunky necklaces: This accessory trend can get complicated and heavy if you wear too many. Plus, you may need help getting up from your chair and that's never cute (though if you've got A-Rod at your back then you're just blessed.) Keep it simple like Brook is doing here and you should be able to get around all on your lonesome.

P.S. Getty Images listed the woman to Brook's right as Stacy Gardner, Mardy Fish's wife. I'm thinking not.

[Photo(s): Getty Images] 

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Nice analysis, love it!

    And you're right, it's not Stacy next to Brook, it looks like Jen Hodge. You may better know her as James Blake's assistant or seen her in photos with Roddick's dog Billie, or even better yet, John Isner's self-proclaimed 'best friend' from UGA. Her brother Bo and John were doubles partners at UGA. Ok, I guess I know way too much about this. hahah

    Lovin' your blog :)

    Romi

    http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/author/romi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Thanks for the info - the name is familiar but not the face for some reason. But that's pretty typical for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the Roddick vs. Fish match and try as I might could not spot Brooklyn...trust me the "stadium" was tiny and I'm renowned for my binoc skills. She wasn't there. My guess is they got in a tiff and that's why Andy tanked the 2nd set...that or Mardy was playing lights out...maybe a little bit of both. :)

    I quickly honed in Stacy however. She was easily spotted because of her large (signature?) sunglasses. Overall a fun tournament but the heat was outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @EJ: LOL good analysis.

    Did you see this bit of news today? So sucks:

    Atlanta ATP event not certain to return next year

    http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=6716&zoneid=25

    Golf? Really?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...