Google Down the Line!: (UPDATED) HE SAID/SHE SAID: Roland Garros Day Four


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

(UPDATED) HE SAID/SHE SAID: Roland Garros Day Four

Q. Sorry, the question is not too technical, but when you come out of the locker rooms and you have to come for a press conference ‑‑

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. (laughter.)

Q. ‑‑ how easy it is? Because you come, you have to wear the hat which has to match the color with the jacket...

ROGER FEDERER: No, it doesn't need to.

Q. No? You don't pay attention to that?

ROGER FEDERER: No, that's all I have in my bag. It's pretty simple.

Q. You never get confused?

ROGER FEDERER: No. Because does this shirt match this jacket? I don't think so. (laughter.)

You know, that's all I had with me. Sometimes I feel like my hair is not the right way so I put the hat on. Like today. That's why I'm sitting here this way.

Q. You're among the players who tend to scream a little bit on court. Is there a meaning to that? I mean, does it give you energy, or is it more like a weapon against the opponent?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, I started because Monica Seles was my favorite player when I was 10. So I started grunting, and that was 20 years ago. I haven't stopped. I blame Monica.

Q. I have a recreational question to ask, if I can say. There are several players that are very active on Twitter, and from what I saw, it's not really your case. You have some messages, but what do you think about Twitter? A new communication tool.

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Twitter, let me see. I don't really know Twitter. Well, I don't know Twitter at all. This is all I can say. I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about.

ARAVANE REZAI: Marion [Bartoli] is a difficult girl....She attacked me many times in the press. I don't have the same education as the one she has...I have respect for players. (via Doug Robson Twitter feed)

UPDATE: More on the Rezzie/Bart blow up. Grab your baguettes and pull up a chair.

[Photo(s): Getty Images]

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, juicy! I've been waiting for a wta catfight for a while now. I've yet to take sides but I hope they continue growling. (I'm bored; don't judge me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rezai is totally channeling Serena when she made that comment about Hingis a couple years ago re:education. Love the WTA. So much drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny picture of Vee
    http://img18.imageshack.us/i/86249555.jpg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. who is Harold? -Venus was talkin about him in her press conference
    http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-26/201005261274878351352.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that pic of V is hilarious!

    Harold is her dog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...