Google Down the Line!: Quote of the Day: Oracene Price on Serena


Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quote of the Day: Oracene Price on Serena


Serena thinks everything is supposed to go her way, that’s the bottom line. She thinks that’s the way it’s supposed to go in life. But this is life. She’s going to have to learn how to suck things up. Say, ‘OK, I’m not going to win everything. I just got to be, this is going to make me a better person, this will build character for myself and I have to learn how to lose.'

- Momma Williams, Oracene Price, on Serena after her loss to Venus in the Wimbledon final

Yeah, couldn't have said it better myself. Anyone with a younger sibling knows the baby always wants to win, and usually gets their way.

I found ReRe's reaction to the loss humorous and somehow very familiar...

(image via Getty)

5 comments:

  1. I found her reaction more annoying than humorous. There was very little in her behavior to suggest that she was happy for or proud of her older sister. If the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure Venus would'nt have been as sour about the loss as Serena turned out to be. I would have expected her to shelf the sore loser act she usually does for the sake of big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I'm learning about my little sister from all this tennis drama. Cracking me up. I guess it's not altogether funny. Hehehehe. Yay Venus.

    To my love, my Rafa, Felicitaciones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course she's happy for her but with the babies of the family always want things to go their way...it's what they're used to being the youngest and the most coddled.

    i thought it was interesting seeing the dynamic played out during the trophy presentation, which i found funny.

    here's one for the older brothers and sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Oracene but it is something she should have told Serena a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. " Dave from Tennis DVDs said...
    Well said Oracene but it is something she should have told Serena a long time ago."

    LOVeryL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...